Personal Banking FAQs

What is the reason for the charter change?

On June 15, 2023, the National Credit Union Association approved the credit union’s Strategic Planning Committee’s application to increase the size and scope of its membership. Specifically, 1166 FCU’s charter change removes its restriction to serve those affiliated as select employers only and approves it to serve more than 1.5 million additional members. The charter change states that these new members can be “persons who live, work (or regularly conduct business in), worship, or attend school in, and businesses and other legal entities” within prescribed underserved communities in the Philadelphia, PA, Camden, NJ, Southern New Jersey, and Wilmington, DE, areas.

1166 FCU is expanding to serve this larger territory of members, specifically unserved communities, bringing financial resources to areas that traditionally lacked this support. This change allows 1166 FCU to compete against other financial institutions and provide its services to more members.

What is an unserved community?

An unserved community is one that lacks the resources and tools it needs to provide a good quality of life to its population. This includes affordable housing, jobs, food, financial support, and similar factors. Most of the population within an unserved community lives under the poverty line.

What locations does 1166 FCU now serve?

The National Credit Union Association has approved the expansion of our service area to include communities in Southern New Jersey, Southeastern Pennsylvania, and Northern Delaware.


What is the new 1166 FCU branding and tagline?

As we now serve more than select employer groups, including our founding employer Mobil Research, we removed “Research” from our name. We are now known as “1166 Federal Credit Union” or “1166 FCU” for short. Our new name keeps things simple and easy, just like our services. Our new tagline is “Our numbers add up to service and savings” in reference to the 1166 included in our name. While ‘1166’ references our official charter number, we like to think our numbers add up to the positive interactions and beneficial results our members experience every day. Our blue and green colors symbolize the professionalism, harmony, and financial prosperity we seek to provide to our members.

Who can I contact for more information?

Contact a representative at for guidance, or call us at (856) 542-9241 to speak to a dedicated member of our team.

What if my debit card is lost, broken, or stolen?
  • Report lost or stolen cards as soon as possible at +1 (833) 337-6075 which is open 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
  • Email or call 1166 FCU as soon as possible to have a replacement card issued.
  • Monitor your account and report inconsistencies.
  • BEWARE of fishing scams. Should you receive a call asking you to validate possible fraudulent transactions on your debit card, do not give out personal information. Instead, call (833) 337-6075 with the case number you were provided.
  • To activate your debit card or change your PIN call +1 (800) 992-3808.
What if my credit card is lost, broken, or stolen?
  • Report lost or stolen cards as soon as possible by calling +1 (800) 325-3678 which is available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week at.
    Email or call 1166 FCU as soon as possible to have a replacement card issued.
    Monitor your account and report inconsistencies.
    Customer service is available 24/7 by calling (844) 634-7669 option 3.
    To activate your credit card, call (800) 543-5073.
    If you are outside of the U.S., call (727) 570-4888.
    Pay by phone at (800) 423-7503.
Will my debit/Visa card work overseas?

Your card will work, however, please keep in mind that not all ATMs give the option to choose between either your savings or checking account for withdrawals. We always recommend keeping money available in both your checking account (AKA draft account) as well as your savings account (AKA sharing account) to avoid any unnecessary delays while traveling. Please make sure your contact information is correct and up to date.

When will my debit/credit card arrive?
  • A debit card will arrive approximately 7-10 business days after it has been requested. The PIN will arrive approximately three days after the card.
  • A Visa credit card will take approximately 5-7 days to arrive.
  • When you receive either a debit or credit card, you are able to activate it immediately and begin to use it for Visa and signature-driven transactions.
My debit/credit card expires next month, when will I get my new card?

All cards are usable until the LAST day of the expiration month. You should receive a card with a new expiration date by the 25th of the expiring month.

Can I pay my Visa credit card online?

Yes, you can pay online at

Where can I see activity on my credit card?

Simply visit

How do I apply for a Visa?

Complete and submit the application process form.

How can I register for rewards on my Visa credit card?

Register at Score Cards Rewards or log into to see accounts, pay bills, and view rewards.

How do I payoff & close my credit card?

Fill out & submit the Payoff/Close Credit Card form.

How to I complete my Visa card holder automatic payment authorization?
What should I know about consumer protection as a credit union member?

Click HERE to discover how you can stay safe, secure, and protected as a consumer.

Why does my balance show more than what’s available when I check my online banking?

These are transactions that were NOT PIN-driven. The available balance is a reflection of any authorizations that have been requested but have not hit your account as of yet. This is sometimes referred to as “missing money,” and it is set aside for the specified authorizations until the merchant actually processes the transaction. This “missing money” can be on hold for up to three days.

When are the deposited funds available?

Our policy is to make funds from your cash and check deposits available to you on the next business day.

Can I cash/deposit a third-party check?

The 1166 federal credit union cannot accept third-party checks. If the check is not made payable to you and you do not have an account with the credit union, we cannot accept the check. If you have received a check from one of our members and do not have an account with us, please deposit the check at your financial institution.

I am locked out of my online account. What do I do?

If you are locked out of your mobile app, contact the credit union at (856) 542-9241 for assistance or log into your It’s Me 247 Online Banking account to unlock your device.

If I paid off my loan, why do I still have a deduction on my paycheck?

The credit union does not have the authority to change payroll deductions. Please contact your human resources department. These funds will accumulate in your share/checking account and are available at your convenience.

What do I do if I move, retire, and/or change jobs?
  • Contact the credit union for any questions at (856) 542-9241 or by e-mail at
  • Change requests must be done in writing and require a valid signature for verification.
What insurance solutions does 1166 FCU offer?

Get a FREE, no-obligation quote today with TruStage™. If you have any questions, please call +1 (855) 483-2149.

How do I send or receive a wire transfer?

If you are sending 1166 FCU money through a wire to be deposited into your account please choose:

If you are sending money to another institution from your 1166 FCU account please choose:

What do I do when I suspect identity theft?

Protect yourself against fraud using the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) Fraud Protection Center.
Report fraud at or call +1 (877) 322-8228

How do I apply to become a member?

Complete and submit the online application form.

How do I use Online Banking?

View our Home Banking instructions.

How do I apply for a loan?
  • Applying for a loan is easy with our standard loan application.
  • Click HERE for the required information for loan applications.
  • Not what you’re looking for? Call us at (856) 542-9241 and we will be happy to design a loan that fits your needs.
  • If you wish to send us an e-mailed copy of a loan application, we ask that you do not transfer private information over the Internet.


If you must send us private information, log into  It’s Me 247 Online Banking and send the information securely.

You can also drop off, mail, or fax your information:Address: 95 Woodstown Rd, Unit C, Swedesboro, NJ 08085

Phone: (856) 542-9241 or (856) 542-9242

Fax: (856) 542-9235

How do I apply to be a select employer group?

Complete and submit the Application for Select Employee Group form.

How do I report an unauthorized ACH item?

Complete and submit the Written Statement of Unauthorized Debit form.

How do I stop a payment?
How do I set up direct deposit?

Complete and submit the Direct Deposit Instructions form.

How do I opt out of marketing materials?

Complete and submit the Opt Out form.

How do I make account information changes?

Complete and submit the Change My Account Information form.

How do I close my account?

Complete and submit the Close Account form.

How do I complete a Bill of Sale?

Complete and submit the Bill of Sale form.