On June 15, 2023, the National Credit Union Association approved the credit union’s Strategic Planning Committee’s application to increase the size and scope of its membership. Specifically, 1166 FCU’s charter change removes its restriction to serve those affiliated as select employers only and approves it to serve more than 1.5 million additional members. The charter change states that these new members can be “persons who live, work (or regularly conduct business in), worship, or attend school in, and businesses and other legal entities” within prescribed underserved communities in the Philadelphia, PA, Camden, NJ, Southern New Jersey, and Wilmington, DE, areas.
1166 FCU is expanding to serve this larger territory of members, specifically unserved communities, bringing financial resources to areas that traditionally lacked this support. This change allows 1166 FCU to compete against other financial institutions and provide its services to more members.
An unserved community is one that lacks the resources and tools it needs to provide a good quality of life to its population. This includes affordable housing, jobs, food, financial support, and similar factors. Most of the population within an unserved community lives under the poverty line.
The National Credit Union Association has approved the expansion of our service area to include communities in Southern New Jersey, Southeastern Pennsylvania, and Northern Delaware.
As we now serve more than select employer groups, including our founding employer Mobil Research, we removed “Research” from our name. We are now known as “1166 Federal Credit Union” or “1166 FCU” for short. Our new name keeps things simple and easy, just like our services. Our new tagline is “Our numbers add up to service and savings” in reference to the 1166 included in our name. While ‘1166’ references our official charter number, we like to think our numbers add up to the positive interactions and beneficial results our members experience every day. Our blue and green colors symbolize the professionalism, harmony, and financial prosperity we seek to provide to our members.
- Report lost or stolen cards as soon as possible at +1 (833) 337-6075 which is open 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
- Email email@example.com or call 1166 FCU as soon as possible to have a replacement card issued.
- Monitor your account and report inconsistencies.
- BEWARE of fishing scams. Should you receive a call asking you to validate possible fraudulent transactions on your debit card, do not give out personal information. Instead, call (833) 337-6075 with the case number you were provided.
- To activate your debit card or change your PIN call +1 (800) 992-3808.
- Report lost or stolen cards as soon as possible by calling +1 (800) 325-3678 which is available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week at.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1166 FCU as soon as possible to have a replacement card issued.
Monitor your account and report inconsistencies.
Customer service is available 24/7 by calling (844) 634-7669 option 3.
To activate your credit card, call (800) 543-5073.
If you are outside of the U.S., call (727) 570-4888.
Pay by phone at (800) 423-7503.
Your card will work, however, please keep in mind that not all ATMs give the option to choose between either your savings or checking account for withdrawals. We always recommend keeping money available in both your checking account (AKA draft account) as well as your savings account (AKA sharing account) to avoid any unnecessary delays while traveling. Please make sure your contact information is correct and up to date.
- A debit card will arrive approximately 7-10 business days after it has been requested. The PIN will arrive approximately three days after the card.
- A Visa credit card will take approximately 5-7 days to arrive.
- When you receive either a debit or credit card, you are able to activate it immediately and begin to use it for Visa and signature-driven transactions.
All cards are usable until the LAST day of the expiration month. You should receive a card with a new expiration date by the 25th of the expiring month.
Yes, you can pay online at www.ezcardinfo.com.
Simply visit www.ezcardinfo.com.
Complete and submit the application process form.
Fill out & submit the Payoff/Close Credit Card form.
Fill out the Visa Card Holder Automatic Payment Authorization form.
Click HERE to discover how you can stay safe, secure, and protected as a consumer.
These are transactions that were NOT PIN-driven. The available balance is a reflection of any authorizations that have been requested but have not hit your account as of yet. This is sometimes referred to as “missing money,” and it is set aside for the specified authorizations until the merchant actually processes the transaction. This “missing money” can be on hold for up to three days.
Our policy is to make funds from your cash and check deposits available to you on the next business day.
The 1166 federal credit union cannot accept third-party checks. If the check is not made payable to you and you do not have an account with the credit union, we cannot accept the check. If you have received a check from one of our members and do not have an account with us, please deposit the check at your financial institution.
The credit union does not have the authority to change payroll deductions. Please contact your human resources department. These funds will accumulate in your share/checking account and are available at your convenience.
Get a FREE, no-obligation quote today with TruStage™. If you have any questions, please call +1 (855) 483-2149.
Complete and submit the online application form.
View our Home Banking instructions.
- Applying for a loan is easy with our standard loan application.
- Click HERE for the required information for loan applications.
- Not what you’re looking for? Call us at (856) 542-9241 and we will be happy to design a loan that fits your needs.
- If you wish to send us an e-mailed copy of a loan application, we ask that you do not transfer private information over the Internet.
PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, ANY ACCOUNT NUMBERS, OR DRIVERS LICENSE NUMBER.
If you must send us private information, log into It’s Me 247 Online Banking and send the information securely.
You can also drop off, mail, or fax your information:Address: 95 Woodstown Rd, Unit C, Swedesboro, NJ 08085
Fax: (856) 542-9235
Complete and submit the Application for Select Employee Group form.
Complete and submit the Written Statement of Unauthorized Debit form.
Complete and submit the Request For STOP Payment of an ACH or Draft Item Written Affidavit form.
Complete and submit the Direct Deposit Instructions form.
Complete and submit the Opt Out form.
Complete and submit the Change My Account Information form.
Complete and submit the Close Account form.
Complete and submit the Bill of Sale form.